Swabe ka bang umibig? Patunayan mo. Sali na sa UP Love Letter Writing Contest!
The University of the Philippines Writers Club and the UP Office of Initiatives in Culture and the Arts invite you to join the UP Love Letter Writing Contest.
1) The contest is open to all undergrad UP Diliman students, except members and applicants of the UP Writers Club.
2) Write a letter addressed to your beloved (real or imagined, we don't really care). Keep it under 500 words, and sign it with only your initials. Save it as a .doc or .rtf with the filename YourSurname_LoveLetter.
3) Send it over to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is Feb. 4, 11:59pm. Attach a separate .doc or .rtf file (named YourSurname_Info) with your full name, year, course, student number, mobile number and e-mail address.
4) Entries will be judged on content (30%), language and style (30%) and impact (40%).
5) Winners will be notified by e-mail, and their cash prizes (P3000 for the first prize, P2000 for the second prize and P1000 for the 3rd prize) will be awarded on Wednesday, Feb. 9, during the launch of the UP Writers Club's Literary Apprentice (5pm at the Vargas Museum). The winning entries will also be read on DZUP on Valentine's Day, so tune in!
Visit www.facebook.com/upwritersclub for more updates on the contest, as well as on other activities the Writers Club has prepared this February!