oDesk, one of the leading global service marketplace for small and medium sized business to hire, manage, and pay remote freelancers or teams, is building a team of content moderators to review and assess web-based content. You will have the opportunity to work directly for oDesk, and strong performance in this role could lead to increased responsibility and opportunity, both within the Content Review team and other oDesk teams.
This will be a long-term opportunity with consistent hours.
Good command over English language demonstrated by high scores in oDesk tests.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline but completed in English language.
- Familiarity with various flavors of written and spoken English (US/UK) across the world.
- Knowledge of one or more foreign languages preferably from your current resident country.
- Must be willing to undergo a background check.
- Furnish a Government issued ID matching your oDesk profile.
- Must have webcam enabled computer with reliable internet connection.
- Must be willing to dedicate a minimum 4 hour shift per day.
- Must be comfortable to review objectionable content such as nudity, pornography, violence, hatred, etc. (approximately 20% of time will be spent on this type of content).
- You will be required to pass a customized online test before getting hired on this project.
You must have a Payoneer Debit Card, Moneybookers, or PayPal account for payment purposes (although Direct Deposit/ACH and Wire Transfer is also accepted). The compensation will consist of two parts: an hourly rate and a payment for tasks completed. The targeted total hourly equivalent is US$ 4.00 an hour. The base hourly rate will be US$ 2.00 per hour. The task-based payments should approximate US$ 2.00 per hour, with the opportunity to make significantly more if you are efficient.
Over time we expect to migrate to a purely task-based payment model to reward those that are more efficient.
Go to oDesk and login to your account (it’s easy to start one if you don’t have one yet). Apply here.