Friday, December 26, 2008

Old Friends

One of the things that I look forward to every Christmas is meeting up with my old friends Jean Paul and Lor.

Jean Paul and I have been friends since we were in grade four. Lor and I have known each other since first year high school. The three of us have been friends for most of our lives. We're so close that our respective families treat us like we're part of the brood...which we practically are considering how much time we spent with each other back then.

Over the years we've followed different paths but continually tried to stay in touch with each other.

A decade and 10 pounds heavier later...

Christmas is one of the few times we can actually get together since most of us take time away from work and go home to Batangas. As can be expected from old friend we keep yammering on about our glory days which is a clear sign of advancing age.

Right now it's just Lor and me (Jean Paul arrives tomorrow).

At our old hang-out near the park.

I'm not sure if I'm going to be able to come back tomorrow since I have a wedding to attend but hopefully I can.

Back at home watching a horror flick.

Jean Paul and Lor, I hope to see you guys tomorrow!

No comments: