Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Makati

After I resigned from IAS Manila, there was the question of whether or not I should move out of my condominium unit, leave Makati City, and settle back in Batangas (or Los Banos since I do have half-baked plans of teaching in UPLB).

It's not exactly cheap living in Makati after all and I was at the worse financial situation possible back then. After some deliberation however, I decided to stick it out here and I'm quite glad I did.

One of the reasons being that everything is walking distance from where I live: my son's school, the malls, and my clients. I also feel quite safe walking its streets even at 4:00 in the morning while drunk (don't ask why). One other reason is that I got a great view outside my window which never fails to inspire me even after a really bad day.

It's one of the reasons why I love taking pictures of sunrise and sunsets.

No comments: