Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Zoning Out

Zoning out or, more commonly known as staring into space, has always been a habit of mine especially when I was very young.

It's quite interesting for me to know that I still do it intermittently nowadays.

Unlike some meditation techniques however that focus on a single object I tend to get lost in the bigger picture. Kinda like looking at everything all at once and not focus on anything. I seem to have no preference, whether it's a soothing countryside scene or an urban environment (though admittedly I feel more recharged in the country).

I'd like to think of it as a sort of quickie meditation, my way of retreating into my own little world and finding peace in the middle of a busy day. So if you come across me staring out into nothing one of these days it means I'm not really zoning out...

I'm meditating.

No comments: