Monday, January 21, 2008

Trying to Wind Down

One of the more chronic problems I seem to be encountering these days is the inability to relax (which is probably related to my problems trying to sleep).

One thing that seem to be helping me however is music.

Whenever I get too wound up or stressed, chances are you're going to hear Cynthia Alexander's Comfort in your Strangeness playing from my office. I have no idea why and how it does it but do it, it does...relaxing me, I mean.

So, on the off chance you happen to drop by my office and you hear the song on an extended loop on my player, it probably means it's a really difficult day for me.

Comfort in your Strangeness
Cynthia Alexander

Woke up this morning
I was staring at the ceiling cracks and roadmaps and landscapes and highways
I have seen
I have been to places far and deep in my mind only to find
Comfort in your strangeness
Of moving shadows when I call the wind by name
Rushing firewater in the dark of a cloud
I have seen
I have been to places far and deep in my mind only to find
Comfort in your strangeness
We are slaves to the crimes we commit in fits of passion we shame
We are nothing, we are nothing, we are nothing, we are nothing but the dust on your feet dying to be born again singing ether water fire singing earth singing air
I have seen
I have been to places far and deep in my mind only to find
Comfort in your strangeness
I have seen
I have been to places far and deep in my mind only to find
Comfort in your strangeness
We are slaves to the crimes we commit in fits of passion we shame
We are nothing, we are nothing, we are nothing, we are nothing but the dust on your feet dying to be born again singing ether water fire singing earth singing air
I have seen
I have been to places far and deep in my mind only to find
Comfort in your strangeness
I have seen
I have been to places far and deep in my mind only to find
Comfort in your strangeness

No comments: